~ Technical Requirements ~
Electronic resources are the tools or software programs required by students to carry out their online learning activities. Following electronic resources are recommends by LU:
- Pentium 300 MHz or faster processor
- Minimum 32 MB RAM
- Minimum 2 GB free hard disk space
- CD-ROM drive
- 28.8 Kbps or faster modem
- Color monitor, keyboard, mouse
- Internet Browser (e.g. Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox)
- Microsoft Word or Microsoft Office
- Anti-virus software (e.g. Norton Anti-virus)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Students will need to obtain the services of an Internet Service Provider (ISP) and an e-mail address. It is recommended that a local Internet Service Provider, in the area where the student resides, be contacted who can provide technical assistance should it be needed.
LU uses Microsoft Word, which normally has a .doc extension on files it creates. Microsoft Word provides direct readability for previous versions of Word and several other word processors and also Adobe Acrobat Reader is required for accessing other information.
Download the latest version of Microsoft Internet Explorer (free) at www.microsoft.com
Download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat (free) at https://get.adobe.com/reader/